A very attractive early 17th century miniature county map of Rutland which appeared in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland Described and Abridged… from a Farr Larger Voulume Done by John Speed (London: G. Humble, 1627-1632). Published in a pocket atlas, the map was based on the larger one done by John Speed, hence ‘Miniature Speed’. Unlike many of the maps in the atlas, however, this wasn’t engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere but by an unknown — probably English — engraver.
- Original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 12.2cms by 8.5cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. There is a minor wormhole between the ‘o’ and ‘n’ of ‘Edyweston’, some slight age toning and some light see-through from the text on the reverse. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 300 years old.