An interesting and charming mid 19th century miniature engraving of Nelson’s Column, London which appeared in Thomas Dugdale’s Curiosities of Great Britain. England & Wales Delineated (London: L. Tallis, c.1840s). The column was constructed between 1840 and 1843 thus making this one of the earliest engravings to depict this famous landmark.
- This is an original steel plate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 8.5cms by 14.2cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 150 years old.