A detailed and attractive 19th century map of the Orkney and Shetland Islands — with an inset of Great Britain & Ireland — which was produced by William Nightingale Hughes (1817-1876) for The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (London: Virtue & Co., 1868).
- This is an original chromolithograph taken from a steel engraving. Hand colour has been added to the outline of the map and title.
- Printed area is approximately 23.5cms by 30.9cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centre fold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 140 years old.