An attractive early 19th century view of Carisbrooke Castle, Isle of Wight (formerly Hampshire) which was drawn and engraved by G. Holmes and J. Grieg, respectively, and published in J. Walker’s The Itinerant (London: J. Walker, 1801-1803). The text which accompanies the engraving is included.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 16.1cms by 12.8cms (including upper and lower titles).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. There are a couple of printers’ crease running through the engraving. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.