An interesting and attractive mid 18th century map of Europe which was engraved by Thomas Kitchin and published in Thomas Salmon’s The Modern Gazetteer or, a Short View of the World (London: S. and E. Ballard, D. Browne, C. Hitch and L. Hawes, A. Millar, J. Hinton; 1759). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most prolific and renowned cartographers of the time producing many fine atlases and maps.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 18.6cms by 14.8cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins; vertical folds, as issued. There is some minor offset. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 270 years old.