An attractive late 18th century view of Micklebar, York* which was drawn by Thomas Hearne, etched by William Byrne and published in The Antiquities of Great Britain, illustrated in View of Monasteries, Castles, and Churches Now Existing. (London: W. Byrne & T. Hearne  1786-1807). This particular example is a proof copy which is without title and the finishing touches performed by the engraver, William Byrne.
*At the time of the engraving, a barbican / outer gate stood in front of Micklegate Bar. This was demolished in 1826 due to its ruinous state.
- This is an original etching engraving.
- Printed area is approximately 25.4cms by 18.8cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.