An interesting and attractive late 18th century view of Houghton House*, Bedfordshire which was engraved by Lodge and published in Henry Boswell’s Antiquities of England & Wales (London: Alex. Hogg 1786-1798). The house was abandoned by its owner in 1794 and is now a ruin.
*N.B. Not to be confused with Houghton Hall in Norfolk.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 17.9cms by 15.8cms (including title but not imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.