An attractive early 19th century view of St. Denys’ Church and Marketplace, Sleaford, Lincolnshire which drawn and engraved in William Turner A.R.A*. and Bartholomew Howlett, respectively, and published in A Selection of Views in the County of Lincoln (London: W. Miller, 1801-1806). The original page of text which accompanied the engraving is included.
*William Turner is better known as J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851), the renowned 19th centurry British artist who started his working life as a travelling draughtsman.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 19cms by 15.7cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.