A decorative and scarce 19th Century minature map of Stirlingshire, Dunbartonshire, Linlithgowshire (now West Lothian) and Clackmannanshire which was drawn and engraved by Aristade Perrot and Adrien Migneret, respectively, and published in G. B. Depping’s L’Angleterre. Ou Description Historique et Topographique Du Royaume Royaume Uni De La Grande-Bretagne (Paris: Etienne Ledoux, 1824-1835). The four counties are surrounded and adorned by various imagery relating to their commercial activities, including agriculture and textiles, topographical features and a reference to Mary, Queen of Scots who was born in Linlithgow Palace in 1542.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 6.8cms by 11.2cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 180 years old.