An attractive and uncommon 18th century road strip map showing the Great North Road from Stilton to Tuxford — via Stamford, Grantham and Newark — which was published in The London Magazine (London: 1767/1768). Thomas Kitchin, the engraver, was one of the most renowned and prolific British map makers of the period producing many fine works.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 19.1cms by 10cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for Postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be at least 240 years old.