An attractive, detailed and folio sized early 19th century map of Westmorland which was engraved by the renowned John Cary and published in his New English Atlas (London: 1801-1809).
John Cary (c.1754-1835) was arguably the best English map maker who ever lived as his maps were unsurpassed for their detail, accuracy and clarity. The maps he engraved for his ‘New English Atlas’ very much epitomised both his ability as a cartographer and master craftsman.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 53.8cms by 48.6cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centrefold, as issued. There is some very minor offset. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.