A very attractive early 19th century view of Grimsthorpe Castle, near Bourne, Lincolnshire which was sketched, drawn and engraved by Thomas Espin, R. Corbould and Bartholomew Howlett, respectively, and published in [Howlett’s] A Selection of Views in the County of Lincoln (London: W. Miller, 1801-1806). The original page of text which accompanies the engraving is included in the purchase.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 19.2cms by 17.6cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.