An attractive 19th century view of the west front of Lincoln Cathedral which was drawn and engraved by R. Garland and W. E. Albutt, respectively, and published in [Henry] Winkles’s Architectural and Picturesque Illustrations of the Cathedral Churches of England and Wales in (London: Effingham Wilson, 1836). This work was highly influential in helping to inspire the revival in Gothic architecture in 19th century Britain.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 10.7cms by 16.6cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.