An interesting and attractive early 19th century view of The Castle in Newcastle-upon-Tyne (formerly Northumberland) which was drawn and engraved by L. Clennell and John Greig, respectively, and published in Sir Walter Scott’s Border Antiquities of England and Scotland (London: Longman & co., 1814).
- This is an original copperplate engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 16.5cms by 17.6cms (including title and imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be nearly 200 years old.