An interesting and attractive early 19th century view of the High Bridge*, Lincoln which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Allom and J. Tingle, respectively, and published in [Thomas Allom’s] The Counties of Chester, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Rutland, & Lincoln Illustrated. (London & Paris: Fisher & Son, c.1836).
*The obelisk, as seen in the middle of the engraving, was removed in 1939 due to weight issues but was then recreated in 1996 from its fragments at St. Mark’s Retail Park.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 9.8cms by 17cms (including title & imprint).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.