A very finely engraved and attractive 19th century view of The Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford which appeared in James Ingram’s Memorials of Oxford (London & Oxford: Charles Tilt, J. H. Parker; 1837). The building, which is now owned by the University, served as a hospital from 1770 until its closure in 2007. It was here in 1941 that penicillan was first tested.
- This is an original steel engraving with fine later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 14.6cms by 10.5cm (including title & imprint).
- The print is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 170 years old.