A finely engraved and picturesque late 18th century view of the City of Lincoln, Lincolnshire which was drawn and engraved by Thomas Girtin and Bartholomew Howlett, respectively, and published in [Bartholomew Howlett’s] A Selection of Views in the County of Lincoln (London: W. Miller, 1801-1806). Ten years after Girtin’s drawing the spires on the west towers were removed.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 17.6cms by 14.3cms (including title).
- The engraving is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 200 years old.