A very attractive early 20th century vignette view of St. Catharine’s College, Cambridge which was illustrated by Herbert Railton* and published in Charles William Stubb’s Cambridge and its Story (London: J. M. Dent & Co.,1912).
*Herbert Railton (1857-1910) was a noted English artist and leading illustrator of books and magazines during the late Victorian and early Edwardian period. His illustrations appeared in editions of books by famous authors such as Thomas Hood (‘The Haunted House’) Oliver Goldsmith, Henry Fielding and Samuel Johnson. He was also a contributor to publications such as ‘The Illustrated Sporting and Dramatic News’ and ‘The Illustrated London News’.
- This is an original early 20th century lithograph.
- Printed area is approximately 13cms by 17cms.
- The print is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 100 years old.