An attractive early 20th century process print of the Gate of Honour at Caius College, Cambridge which was taken from a watercolour by William Matthison and published in Gordon Home’s Cambridge (London: A. & C. Black Ltd, 1911).
William Matthison (1853-1926), born in Harborne near Birmingham, was a noted Victorian/Edwardian artist. After having studied at the Birmingham Central School of Art, he became a professional artist in 1875. His artistic style became particularly popular during the Edwardian period, especially with the growth of the picture postcard industry.
- This is an original early 20th century process print.
- Printed area is approximately 9.8cms by 14.9cms.
- The item is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 110 years old.