A detailed and attractive 17th Century map of Essex which was engraved by Pieter Van Den Keere (Petrus Kaerius) and published in Mercator / Hondius / Jansson’s Atlas Minor (Amsterdam: Jansson, 1851). This particular map only appeared in the last edition of the atlas and is consequently rare to find.
Pieter Van Den Keere (c.1571-1646) had a long and illustrious career as an engraver. His works included the maps in the so called Miniature Speed county atlas and the Miniature Prospect world atlas. The county maps in the Atlas Minor were engraved when he was well into his seventies and are perhaps his last work.
- This is an original copperplate engraving.
- Printed area is approximately 20.8cms by 16.4cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The Map comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 350 years old.