An attractive and detailed mid 19th century map of Hampshire which was drawn and engraved by Joshua Archer and published in Tallis’s Topographical Dictionary of England and Wales (London: L. Tallis, 1842). An interesting feature with maps of this period is the depiction of the then newly constructed (or proposed) railways.
- This is an original steel engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 17.9cms by 23.9cms (including imprint).
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins; centrefold, as issued. There is some minor staining outside the map border. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 165 years old.