A decorative, rare and curious 19th Century map of Norfolk and Suffolk which appeared in G. B. Depping’s L’Angleterre. Ou Description Historique et Topographique Du Royaume Uni De La Grande-Bretagne (Paris: 1824-1835).
Drawn by Aristade Perrot (1786-1840) and engraved by Adrien Migneret, the maps from this series are distinct for their fine embellishments relating to the county/counties’ commercial activities, culture and heritage. In the case of Norfolk and Suffolk, there are references to the fisheries and agriculture, to Thomas Gainsborough and Thomas Wolsey, and to Norwich Cathedral.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with original hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 6.2cms by 10.8cms.
- The map is in very good condition with adequate margins. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame acid free mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 175 years old.