An attractive and detailed mid 19th century map and triangular distance table of Gloucestershire — with a vignette of Gloucester Cathedral — which was published by Pigot & co. in A Pocket Topography and Gazeteer of England (London & Manchester: 1841). The original pages of text which accompany the map and table are included in the purchase.
- This is an original steel plate engraving with fine original hand colour.
- Printed areas are approximately 10.5cms by 17.4cms for the map and 10.3cms by 16.6cms for the distance table (with vignette).
- The map and distance table are both in very good condition. The right border of the map is close but still mountable. There is also some slight loss to the top right border. Click on image for better view.
- The items come displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs
- Guaranteed to be over 165 years old