An attractive and detailed mid 19th century map of Yorkshire which was drawn and engraved by Joshua Archer and published in Tallis’s Topographical Dictionary of England and Wales (London: L. Tallis, 1855). An interesting feature with maps of this period is the depiction of the then newly constructed (or proposed) railways.
- These are original steel engravings with original hand colour.
- Printed areas are approximately 23.7cms by 18.4cms for sheet one, 23.5cms by 18.1cms for sheet two, 23.5cms by 17.8cms for sheet three and 23.5cms by 18.4cms for sheet four.
- The maps are in very good condition with decent margins; centrefold, as issued. Click on image for a better view.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 165 years old.