A very attractive 18th century map of Lancashire which was finely engraved by Thomas Kitchin and published in the London Magazine (London: R. Baldwin, Vol. 19, Nov. 1750). Thomas Kitchin (1718-1784) was one of the most eminent and prolific cartographers in the 18th Century producing many fine maps.
- This is an original copperplate engraving with later hand colour.
- Printed area is approximately 16.1cms by 20.8cms.
- The map is in very good condition with decent margins. There is a minor, repaired split to one of the folds which just enters the engraved area, but this does not detract. Click on image for a better view.
- The item comes displayed in a ready to frame museum quality mount.
- Click on ‘Delivery Policy’ for postage costs.
- Guaranteed to be over 250 years old.